Epic Nation

Friday, July 01, 2005

Must be that Viking blood...

A Swedish citizen who was held hostage by terrorists in Iraq for 67 days has vowed revenge on his captors. Ulf Hjertstroem, a 63 year old banker, has put a bounty on the heads of those “bastards” who kidnapped him:

"I want to take them out of the game," Ulf Hjertstroem, a 63-year-old oil broker who had lived in Baghdad for 14 years, told Expressen. […]

"I have now put some people to work to find these bastards ... I invested about $50,000 so far and we will get them one by one[.]"

This is the sort of talk I would expect from a Texan, not a Swede. I have to say I’m impressed by this man’s confrontational attitude. I’m sure he’ll be facing some harsh criticism from the pacifist wimps in the Swedish media/”intelligentsia.”

Hat tip to AYD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home