Epic Nation

Monday, May 23, 2005

Birthday surprise

This blogger turns 25 today, and received the best surprise gift ever:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's me doing a tandem jump from 11,000 feet over the North Shore of Oahu, HI. The guy strapped to my back is Jim, a tandem master at Skydive Hawaii. We went up with a group of 4 tandem jumpers and two photographers in a Cessna 208 Caravan. The free fall lasts about 50 seconds, at which point the chute is pulled and you slowly float back to earth. The speed of your body during free fall is 120 MPH.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The entire crew at Skydive Hawaii was awesome; a real fun group of jumpers who love what they do and make the experience all the better. If you're ever vacationing out here and looking for a memorable adventure, I suggest you check these guys out. They are the oldest operation on the island and have a perfect safety record. My fiancé and I both jumped today, and we already want to go again.

4 Comments:

  • I am so happy you liked my little surprise! It really was awesome, wasn't it?!

    It didn't beat what you gave me for my birthday but hopefully it came pretty close ;)

    -A

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:59 AM  

  • Grandpa says he'll do it if I will!! practically a guarantee that he won't have to. Love

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:47 PM  

  • Fantastic blog you've got here Kevin P., I was looking for skydive related information and found your site. I have a skydive site. You'll find info on skydiving gear, equipment, drop zones, powered parachutes, tandem sky diving, base jumping and more! Stop by and check it out when you can. Enjoy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:25 AM  

  • Hi Blogger:)

    stainless blog with a superb webmaster!!

    Regards,
    stainless

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home